Claus Ogerman - Concord Records:
Francis Albert Sinatra/Antonio Carlos Jobim,
"Sinatra Jobim - The Complete Reprise Recordings", Concord Records
#____________ (May 4, 2010).[CD]
This CD contains reissued recordings of many Jobim compositions
performed by Jobim and Sinatra in their record albums together.
Jobim's compositions are indicated on the tracklist below.
Tracks arranged/conducted by Claus Ogerman are also indicated below.
1. The Girl From Ipanema [Garota de Ipanema] (Jobim) [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
2. Dindi (Jobim) [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
3. Change Partners [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
4. Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars [Corcovado] (Jobim) [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
5. Meditation [Meditacão] (Jobim) [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
6. If You Never Come To Me [Inútil Paisagem] (Jobim) [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
7. How Insensitive [Insensatez] (Jobim) [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
8. I Concentrate On You [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
9. Baubles, Bangles and Beads [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
10. Once I Loved [O Amor em Paz] (Jobim) [arr./conducted by Ogerman]
11. The Song Of The Sabia [Sabiá] (Jobim)
12. Drinking Water [Água de Beber] (Jobim)
13. Someone To Light Up My Life [Se Todos Fossem Iguais A Você] (Jobim)
14. Triste (Jobim)
15. This Happy Madness [Estrada Branca] (Jobim)
16. One Note Samba [Samba de Uma Nota Só] (Jobim)
17. Don't Ever Go Away [Por Causa de Você] (Jobim)
18. Wave (Jobim)
19. Off Key [Desafinado] (Jobim)
20. Bonita (Jobim)
* * *
From Arnaldo DeSouteiro's Jazz Station Blog:
For the first time in over three decades, the Frank
Sinatra/Antonio Carlos Jobim sessions are now together in "The Complete
Reprise Recordings," the most comprehensive compilation of the
Sinatra/Jobim sessions yet. The CD, scheduled for release in the USA on
May 4, by Concord Records, includes all songs they cut together during
the 1967 and 1969 sessions.
The 10 tracks from the first meeting, released on the "Francis
Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim" LP, co-produced by Sonny
Burke & Ray Gilbert, were arranged & conducted by Claus
Ogerman, featuring Jobim on acoustic guitar & vocals, Don Payne on
bass and Dom Um Romão on drums. None of the unreleased alternate takes
are included on this forthcoming CD.
The second Jobim/Sinatra meeting, back in 1969, once again
produced by Sonny Burke, yielded other 10 tracks, but, at the last
minute, the singer's management decided to cancel the LP release.
Then, in 1971, 7 of those tracks were included in the "Sinatra
& Company" album, which didn't include "Bonita," "Sabiá" (released
on single format only in Italy!) and "Desafinado." All songs were
arranged by Eumir Deodato and conducted by Morris Stoloff, since
Sinatra, as usual, recorded everything "live", together with the
orchestra, and Deodato was busy playing piano. The stellar cast of
sidemen also included João Palma, Claudio Slon, Chico Batera, Chuck
Berghofer, Ted Nash, Milt Bernhart, Paul Horn, Buddy Collette, Dick
Nash, Ken Shroyer, Vincent DeRosa and Israel Baker, among many others.
Back to Recordings Index
to Home Page